Andy Byford named president of MTA New York City Transit
- Byford caught Cuomo's eye after his participation in the 2014 MTA Reinvention Commission
- Byford "first rode the New York City subway in 1994 when he was on his honeymoon and 'marveled at its complexity.'"
- Byford will oversee about 47,000 employees at NYCT
- Alumni of London and Sydney's transit networks
- He brought open gangway cars to TTC
- Source: Marc Santora, "Toronto Transit Chief Is Tapped to Run New York’s Ailing Subways," The New York Times, November 21, 2017. link
- Tags: byford mta mta-leadership