Federal Home Loan Bank Act
- Date: July 22, 1932
- Intended to lower the cost of home ownership
- Established the Federal Home Loan Bank Board and Federal Home Loan Banks
- To charter federal savings and loans, and lend to financial institutions to indirectly finance home mortgages
- "Public Law 304 was ineffective."
- "...to establish a credit reserve for mortgage lenders and thus to increase the supply of capital in the housing market."
- Source: Kenneth T. Jackson, "Crabgrass Frontier: The Suburbanization of the United States", 1985, pp194.
- Tags: federal-housing-policy hoover